Pages



9/29/10

Frozen Smores

This picture above would be frozen smores. I guess they are called this because the cream you use to make them consists of marshmellows, and it's chocolate between two graham crackers. Personally it tastes nothing like a smore. I don't like smores, but I like these. I'm not even much of a chocolate eater, and I still like these. They must be good. My mom called me today and asked if I would make a dessert for a family dinner we have on Friday. I said sure, and started going through recipes for something new to bring. They are very simple and there isn't much for ingredients. They sure are messy to eat though, won't be feeding this to my 2 year old! Sorry, Carson.
Frozen Smores:
3/4 cup whole milk
24 marshmellows
12 ounces semisweet chocolate
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
18 graham crackers
Line casserole pan with foil, leave edges of foil hanging over the sides. Heat milk and marshmellows in a large sauce pan over low heat, stirring often, until smooth. Remove from heat and add chocolate, stir until melted and smooth. Refrigerate for 20 minutes. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer beat cream until forming stiff peaks. Fold the cream into the chilled chocolate mixture, mixing until you none of the white is showing. Spoon into the prepared dish. Tap the dish on the counter to remove air bubbles. Freeze covered until set. About 3 hours. Holding both sides of the foil transfer the frozen block onto a cutting board. Cut into 24 squares. Break the graham crackers in half and place the frozen chocolate block in between crackers. Place sandwiches on a platter, cover, and put back in freezer until ready to serve. Enjoy!

1 comment :

  1. hmm. you say "FAMILY" dinner, but we weren't invited?!?!?! WTH Ash?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete