Pages



7/6/15

Land of the free, home of the brave! July fourth fun.

One of my favorite holidays is Fourth of July. When I was pregnant with both of my kids I wanted them to come early, and be July 4th babies. I love all of the red, white, and blue, the fireworks, the food, the celebrations. And, most importantly it's Americas birthday. I'm so thankful to live in a free country. 
Can someone tell this girl she is not allowed to turn 4 in a few weeks? Yes she is as sassy in person as she looks in this picture! #shegetsitfromhermomma
We spent the afternoon at the pool with my mom, sister, brother, and nephew.
I am kind of obsessed with my GoPro since I learned how to upload them directly to my phone through wifi. 
My little brother, and seester.
I was taking pictures of him while he was face timing with a girl. It's so funny listening to little girls talk. They laugh a lot, & constantly use OMG.
After swimming I came home to finish up dinner. I can't believe I didn't take a picture of all of my food. I made pork tenderloin, green bean casserole, fresh green beans, twice baked potatoes, chicken stuffing, and rolls. So yum.
I made this ice box cake for dessert. It's good, but it's sweet. For me to say it's sweet is saying a lot. I love me some sweets! I think I would like it better if I used chocolate Oreos in it instead of golden Oreos.
After dinner the kids did some sparklers.
Olivia didn't know what to think at first, but eventually warmed up to it.



This was the first Fourth of July in 3 years we weren't at the lake. When we don't go to the lake we stay home and do fireworks with our neighbors. Once it gets dark you can't drive in front of my house, the neighbors next door, or in front of my neighbors house across the street. We line fireworks up and shoot them off til we run out.
No need to fight traffic or crowds when we can watch from home.

My neighbors really went all out.


C had fun playing with these things called swords. They were like a big kid sparkler.
He really liked the Roman candles too.
My friend Meghan & her hubs Marshall came over for dinner and to hang out. 
We had so much fun. The kids told me it was the best weekend ever. I guess we're doing something right!
Hope you all had a fun & safe 4th of July.

No comments :

Post a Comment