Pages



10/22/09

A little thought of the day

Tonight I had to go to an open caskett viewing. It was for a friend who I played soccer with in Plano before we moved to Wylie. Her mom died of a heart attack on Sunday. It was some what unexpected, real unexpected to me, because we haven't talked in awhile. She had 3 grandchildren, one who was only 2 months old, and she had three children the youngest being 15. I really don't deal with death very well, I am just scared. I don't like the thought of leaving my son behind! Hopefully when I die I am old, peaceful, and with my husband. Going to things like I did tonight just makes me think how we really do take life for granted for the most part. As well all know tomorrow is never guaranteed. The positive side of death, if there really is one, is it really brings a lot of people together. For instance, tonight there was a lot of people we don't really talk to much and they only live 30 minutes away, why is that? We all just picked back up to where we left off. From now on I really want to try and live my life to the fullest, and really not sweat the small stuff. I'm going to try and spend even more time with Carson, instead of worrying so much on cleaning, and doing laundry that stuff will still be there when he goes to bed, or the next day, or the day after that. I know I do the best that I can, but I want him to remember me as being a great mom who just really loved life.

No comments :

Post a Comment