Pages



3/18/15

Furniture makeover


For the longest time I've been trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my room. We needed new bedding, but couldn't decide on what color. My MIL  made my valances about 5 years ago and I didn't want to ask her to make more, so I decided it had to match those. I also had my headboard remade a couple years ago so it needed to match that too. I was in Home Goods one day and saw a bluish grey bedding set for a good price so I went with that. It still matched everything in my room I didn't want to change. 
Now that I had new brighter bedding I decided to paint the furniture. Buying new furniture wasn't an option. I knew I wanted to go with a lighter color, but not white since my kitchen table is white. Grey is so in right now so that's what I went with. My furniture is laminate which means no sanding!!! Yay! I just primed it all before painting.


I did all of this in my kitchen. Our garage is too packed with all of Ryan's toys. Here's the before look. Boring and drab. 
And here's the afters. 




It's so much brighter, fresh, and happier feeling. I was hoping the color would be a little more grey than grey blue, but I can live with it. I'm glad it's done. I did decide to change out the knobs, but kept the same pulls. 
Now I just need to decide how I want to redecorate my walls. I know I want a starburst mirror, and want to make the desk a little vanity area. I found these lamp bases I want from ikea. 
I saw these at kirklands and thought they would be cute in there. 
And either a bench in front of my bed, or I'll paint my black hope chest and add a cushion to the top to put in front. I also want to paint the walls, but I may hire a professional for that. That's it for now! If you have any wall decor suggestions leave them in the comments. 

No comments :

Post a Comment